Paragon ID secures significant new contracts for its Smart Cities activity
and launches new solutions to complete its traditional offering.
28th October 19
Transport, security, smart mobility: Paragon ID works with more than 200 transit authorities and networks around the world and supports them as they transition into the Smart Cities of tomorrow.
Modern, secure and easily accessible transport is at the heart of Smart Cities’ development
Building on its leadership position in physical access control solutions
- New contracts: Washington, Dallas, Indianapolis, Sonora, Doha, Rotterdam, De Lijn (Belgium);
- Renewals: Los Angeles, London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Lisbon, Oslo, Casablanca, Cairo, Santo Domingo, Nice, Montpellier and Toulouse.
- Account-based ticketing and mobile app - airweb
- NFC platform for mobile app - Wizway
- Open payment (hardware and services) - Ingenico
Key successes in the mobile ticketing area
- Key new business wins include: CITURA (City of Reims), RTC (city of Quebec) and TEC bus (Wallonia, Belgium)
- New enhanced features:
- Special tariffs for concessionary schemes;
- Modules for special events;
- Origin to destination fare structure;
- Connection with NFC capabilities issued from the Wizway platform.
Paragon ID launches its new Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering
Clem Garvey, Paragon ID CEO, says:
« The latest contract wins for our physical access control products reinforce once again our leadership position in the Transport and Smart Cities market. It is great to welcome new cities to our portfolio and see historical customers renewing their trust in the company. At the same time, the successes we are enjoying with airweb for our innovative mobile ticketing platform confirm that the company has managed to anticipate the digital transformation that cities are currently undergoing.Finally, I am thrilled to announce the launch of our Ticketing Platform as a Service offering which is a testament to our R&D and commercial teams who continue to develop innovative solutions that fit Smart Cities’ changing requirements. We have already presented our PaaS to several cities and we are confident that we will start seeing the first contracts coming through before the end of this financial year, despite the long sales cycles in this domain. »