RAIN RFID inlays
Already adopted by many sectors including retail, logistics and aviation, there are many other industry and applications opportunities. RAIN RFID inlay shipments are projected to reach over 87bn units by 2026.
Paragon ID offers RFID inlay products that are manufactured in Europe adhering to the highest quality standards. Paragon ID is one of the very few inlay production companies that received the prestigious ARC quality certification from Auburn University (Alabama), which underlines the production standards used for all our products.
Paragon ID offers four different ranges of RAIN RFID inlays which are suited to different sectors.
For its inlay production, Paragon ID is using ICs from world renowned partner companies like Impinj, NXP, EM microelectronic and STMicroelectronics.
Paragon ID's inlay products are performance optimised for certain market segments and offered in three form factors:
- Dry inlay on continuous web
- Wet inlay: die-cut with adhesive backing on silicon liner
- Label: die-cut with adhesive backing and face material on silicon liners
Although all are derived from RFID technology, RAIN RFID, NFC and RAINFC are all forms of wireless technologies. They however differ based on the frequency on which they operate and the applications they are suited for.
- RAIN RFID: RAIN RFID inlays operate in the UHF band and can have read ranges of 10 to 15 meters. They are particularly suited for applications such as inventory management, loss prevention, asset and equipment tracking.
- NFC (Near Field Communication): NFC inlays operate in the HF (short range) band and are available in different types. NFC inlays can be read by any smartphone. They are particularly suited for brand protection and marketing applications
- RAINFC: RAINFC inlays combine RAIN and NFC in one IC with shared memory. They can be used to combine several applications requiring UHF and HF read range, for example, inventory and brand protection.
What is RAIN RFID ?
RAIN RFID is one of the most pervasive technologies in the world and is used in many markets for efficient identification, localisation, and authentication of products. While other IoT technologies bring other values, none can match RAIN RFID for cost, simplicity, and availability.
Paragon ID is a member of RAIN Alliance, the global alliance promoting the universal adoption of RAIN RFID technology, in particular in the aviation, retail, healthcare and smart manufacturing sectors.
RAIN RFID inlays by Paragon ID
Paragon ID offers RAIN RFID inlays in different formats and with different ICs. RAIN RFID inlays operate in the UHF band and are highly standardised according to the PEC Gen 2V2 standard. The advantages of RAIN RFID inlays is that the read range can be very high, up to 10-15 meters, and that they are optimised for bulk reading of tagged items with speed of up to 1,000 inlays per second.
ARC certified inlays
Auburn University in Alabama (USA) has established a programme, the ARC programme, with the purpose of ensuring that RFID tags are able to meet or exceed the levels of performance and quality necessary to provide the requested benefits to the end user in a consistent and cost-effective manner. ARC works with the requirements (the ARC specs) that a RFID tag needs to meet to perform reliably in the deployment. An inlay is tested and when meeting the requirements for a certain specification, is given an ARC approval for that specification. When appropriate, Paragon ID inlays are ARC tested and have received ARC approval.
Our range of RAIN RFID and ARC approved inlays
We have developed four ranges of RAIN RFID inlays to meet the requirements of specific markets.
- Explorer for item level retail applications
- Ranger for logistics and general industrial applications
- Voyager for aviation
- Pioneer for pharmaceutical (Dose-ID)
The list of Paragon ID's ARC approved RAIN RFID inlays is below.
Click here to access our catalogue and datasheets.