Grenoble’s Mass Transit Authority chooses airweb’s ticketing platform
airweb’s platform chosen as one of the main technology modules of the SMMAG's PASS'Mobilités solution
Paragon ID is pleased to announce the award of a major contract to its subsidiary airweb.
The SMMAG (Syndicat Mixte des Mobilités de l'Aire Grenobloise), the authority in charge of mobility for the Grenoble area (Grenoble metropolis, Isère department, Pays Voironnais urban community and Le Grésivaudan townships), has launched "PASS'Mobilités", a MaaS (Mobility as a Service) platform, with a new version scheduled to arrive in the 2nd half of 2021.
PASS'Mobilités will facilitate the area's residents’ use of alternative modes of transport such as carpooling, public transport, bicycle/scooter, etc. by combining these options in a single web application. The app allows them to search for itineraries, subscribe to any of the mobility offers, access traffic information, etc.
Airweb’s platform was chosen as one of the main technology modules of the PASS'Mobilités solution, destined to integrate the existing ecosystem so as to allow users to easily and quickly use public transportation throughout the region.
The airweb platform includes the following features:
- creation of an account within the TC module of the PASS'Mobilités
- purchase of Oùra cards (RFID smart cards), allowing users to travel across several networks in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region
- purchase of fares, either via a smartphone (m-Ticket) or the Oùra card: flat and zonal fares, P+R tickets with barrier access
- subscription to the post-payment service (on smartphone or on the Oùra card)
- validation of tickets purchased via the application
- control of tickets purchased via the application
- processing and consolidation of usage data
- the implementation of multi-mode special offers.
This project confirms airweb's capacity and technological know-how in facilitating exchanges between the various components of complex mobility ecosystems - physical ticketing infrastructure, customer relations, modules to manage alternative modes of transport, etc.
Xavier Debbasch, Chairman of airweb, comments:
"This major contract secured by airweb confirms our position as a key player in the MaaS market. airweb is now the leading company in this market in France, supporting more than 80 local authorities in the digitalization of their mobility services."