Mobile ticketing - a new challenge for smart cities
Facilitating mobility, improving the daily lives of users and proposing innovative solutions are objectives at the heart of the smart cities strategies. More and more cities are offering their commuters and visitors mobile ticketing on top of the more traditional solutions, such as magnetic or contactless tickets.
HCE mobeePASS is a mobile ticketing solution offered to transport operators by Paragon ID and DigiMobee. It allows customers to buy and validate their ticket using only their NFC smartphone.
What is HCE?
Host Card Emulation (HCE) is the term used to describe on-device technology that allows a phone to perform card emulation on an NFC enabled device, without relying on access to a secure element. This innovation has opened an alternative path to contactless payments, and other services that previously had no reliance on secure elements. The technology is already chosen and used by banks worldwide and recommended by Visa and Mastercard.
The security used is based on already established standards – in particular Calypso – and reinforced by the use of Software Secure Element.It is already chosen by banks (France and World) and recommended by Visa and Mastercard.
HCE mobeePASS transforms a traveller's NFC enabled smartphone into a contactless support and ticketing terminal:
- Virtualization of the transport card
- Purchase of tickets
- Access to purchase history
- Validation of tickets using mobile phone
HCE mobeePASS allows travellers to buy the ticket of their choice, wherever they want, whenever they want.
- The solution complies with the applicable ISO and CEN standards as well as the latest HCE specifications of "Calypso Network Association".
- Quick and easy installation of the application from the Google Play Store.
- Customers can validate their ticket with the mobile even outside the network coverage area as long as they have their screen on.
- Most users equipped with a NFC enabled phone can benefit from the solution.
Paragon ID, leaders in ticketing solutions for the mass transit sector, has already successfully implemented HCE solutions in several cities.
For more information, please fill out the form below and we will come back to you within one day.